Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon

You are a Marilyn -- "I am affectionate and skeptical."

Marilyns are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.

How to Get Along with Me
* Be direct and clear and do not lie to me, ever
* Listen to me carefully
* Don't judge me for my anxiety
* Work things through with me
* Reassure me that everything is OK between us
* Laugh and make jokes with me
* Gently push me toward new experiences
* Try not to overreact to my overreacting.


What's Hard About Being a Marilyn
* the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
* procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
* fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
* exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
* wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
* being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations

So strange that this is me, sounds a lot like me. I love Mad Men and that is why this quiz I took caught my eye. http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/are-you-a-jackie-or-a-marilyn-or-someone-else-mad-menera-female-icon-quiz

Have fun. Do you think this is an accurate picture of me?

1 comment:

  1. It has been MONTHS since Mad Men was on... and I still get so, so sad every Sunday. Come back, Don! Come back!

    ReplyDelete